Two trips to Africa will never be the same, as there are many in Africa and all different. Visiting the African continent can be a journey back in time to discover the roots of the human species, but also a dip in local customs and traditions. Read on and find out where to start in Africa with Evaneos!
What kind of trip do you make?
Tour of the pyramids of Giza or photographic safari in Zimbabwe and Botswana? The possibilities are many: if you choose to leave with a local Evaneos operator you can create your customized trip, and benefit from his experience and in-depth knowledge of the destination.
A safari is the quintessence of a trip to Africa, an experience that will stay with you for years to come. The land of the Lion King can give unique emotions … but where to go on a safari?
- Tanzania: here you will find some of the most famous parks in the world, such as the Serengeti and the Ngorongoro, which serve as a magnificent setting for periodic animal migrations.
- Kenya: the land of the Masai offers incredible reserves like Masai Mara or Amboseli National Park. Don’t miss the hundreds of pink flamingos of Lake Nakuru.
- South Africa: the land of the “Big 5” (lions, elephants, leopards, buffaloes and rhinos) also has majestic landscapes and cities rich in histories such as Johannesburg and Cape Town.
History and culture
The cradle of humanity has much to offer those looking for a dip in the past:
- Morocco: this country offers an important and rooted history that is reflected in the palaces, gardens and monuments that you can admire in its ancient imperial cities, from Marrakech to Rabat, passing through Fèz and Meknès.
- Ethiopia: the cultural wealth of Ethiopia rivals only its natural beauty, and this country’s unique past is reflected in the museums of the capital. Here was also found the skeleton of the Hominid Lucy, dated to three million years ago.
Do you like to go off the beaten track and immerse yourself in nature, go on an excursion and get away from the crowds of tourists? Here are our suggestions for an adventure trip!
- Uganda and Rwanda: set off in search of mountain gorillas and other incredible animals in the beautiful national parks. Discover impressive waterfalls, snow-capped peaks and water safaris. Two inevitable destinations for those who appreciate an unusual flora and fauna.
- Namibia: the ancient Namib desert and its immense dunes offer unique emotions. Don’t miss the Deadvlei, the mythical cemetery of black trees where time no longer flows, and the Fish River Canyon, the second largest in the world.
- Tanzania: hiking enthusiasts cannot miss the climb to Kilimanjaro, the peak of Africa, which attracts climbers from all over the world every year.
Sea and relaxation
During your trip to Africa you will not miss the opportunity to relax in some of the most beautiful beach destinations in the world. From the heavenly and unspoiled beaches of the Seychelles archipelago to the lush nature of Mauritius, these destinations are perfect for an unforgettable honeymoon. And i,f you leave for Tanzania, don’t forget to finish in style with a few days in Zanzibar, the spice island, which will delight you with its crystal clear waters and typical neighbourhoods.
In almost all of Africa, it will be sufficient to move away from the most touristic places to be welcomed with open arms and with a smile of adults and children. A local Evaneos operator will advise you exactly where to go for an authentic experience :
- Senegal: meet the traditional fishermen of Kayar, and immerse yourself in the reality of a typical Senegalese village, among pirogues and lively bargaining at the market.
- Madagascar: on the island of lemurs and baobabs you can also visit the city of Ambatolampy with its typical craft workshops where you can get in touch with the locals.
- Ethiopia: discover the ethnological mosaic found in this country, and get to know members of multiple ethnic groups and their traditions, often still rooted and unchanged over time.
When to go to Africa?
Here are the best months to go on a trip to Africa:
- Spring: Senegal, Morocco, Madagascar, Namibia, Egypt.
- Summer: Kenya, Tanzanie, Namibia and Mauritius.
- Autumn: Madagascar, Namibia, Tanzania, Morocco, Egypt and Mauritius.
- Winter: Kenya, Senegal, Uganda.
- All year round: Ethiopia, South Africa and Seychelles.
How to organize a trip to Africa?
Leaving for a trip to Africa can be a huge undertaking, which is why Evaneos chooses its local operators based on very selective criteria, including the Italian language and a thorough knowledge of the territory. They will be able to advise you on how to move best in all stages of your journey. Below is some essential information:
- Visa: each country has different rules for incoming tourists, consult our practical guides for each destination.
- Vaccinations: also, in this case, the regulations can vary, consult your doctor or read our articles on the vaccines necessary for each country.
- Safe travel: all the destinations proposed by Evaneos do not present any particular risks. In any case, our local operator knows how to get around and will give you all the best tips to live your journey in peace.
A honeymoon in the heat …
In costume by the sea in Madagascar or with boots on the snow-capped summit of Kilimanjaro? A honeymoon in Africa will be the experience of a lifetime, and you will carry with you the memory of this magical continent for years to come. Contact a local Evaneos operator and let them know what kind of itinerary you are looking for on your honeymoon!